Foundation / Corporation
W. M. Keck Foundation
02/15/20 4:30 PM PT
Grants to USA medical colleges, research universities, and institutions for projects related to science and engineering, as well as research in the medical field. Applicants are required to submit an initial application prior to submitting a full proposal.
The Research Program seeks to benefit humanity by supporting projects in two specific areas (1) medical research and (2) science and engineering, that are distinctive and novel in their approach, question the prevailing paradigm, or have the potential to break open new territory in their field. Past grants have been awarded to major universities, independent research institutions, and medical schools to support pioneering biological and physical science research and engineering, including the development of promising new technologies, instrumentation or methodologies.
Funding is awarded to universities and institutions nationwide for projects in research that:
- Focus on important and emerging areas of research
- Have the potential to develop breakthrough technologies, instrumentation or methodologies
- Are innovative, distinctive and interdisciplinary
- Demonstrate a high level of risk due to unconventional approaches, or by challenging the prevailing paradigm
- Have the potential for a transformative impact, such as the founding of a new field of research, the enabling of observations not previously possible, or the altered perception of a previously intractable problem
- Does not focus on clinical or translational research, treatment trials or research for the sole purpose of drug development
- Fall outside the mission of public funding agencies
- Demonstrate that private philanthropy generally, and the W. M. Keck Foundation in particular, is essential to the project’s success
GrantWatch ID#: 182877
Historically, grants range from $500,000 to $5 million and are typically $2 million or less.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Phase I Application:
Phase II is by invitation only. Once invited, an applicant can access the proposal in progress by logging into the account portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2faccountmanager.aspx%3fSA%3dAM%26sid%3d5667&SA=AM&sid=5667
Email concept papers to:
W. M. Keck Foundation
550 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming