Foundation / Corporation
The Stocker Foundation
Grants to Ohio, Arizona, California, New Mexico, Washington, and Connecticut nonprofit organizations and school districts to enhance reading literacy in grades PreK-3 within eligible communities. Letters of Intent are due by June 29, 2018. Funding is intended for programs that aim to lessen the achievement gap for under-resourced prekindergarten through 3rd grade public school students by investing in programs that strengthen Reading Literacy. Successful Letters of Inquiry will document how a program ties-back to reading literacy, promoting academic gains for those students served.
Areas of Interest:
- Supplemental Programs that move students toward grade-level reading mastery
- Comprehensive Intervention Strategies/Whole School Improvement that increase overall literacy achievement by third grade
- Book Distribution Programs that increase students’ access to print materials, encourage students’ reading outside of the classroom , and develops students’ life-long love of reading
- Programs that support Emerging Literacy and Reading Skills among preschoolers (children enter kindergarten “ready to read”)
- Some limited funding is available for services that can help remove barriers toward reading success (Food Bank sponsored children’s hunger programs such as the BackPack Program)
GrantWatch ID#: 181343
Programming will occur during the summer of 2019 or the 2019-2020 school year.
Nonprofit organizations or school districts are welcome to apply.
Current geographic restrictions remain in effect. Currently funded are Lorain & Cuyahoga counties, OH; Pima County, AZ; Alameda & San Francisco counties, CA; Bernalillo and Dona Ana counties, NM; King County, WA; and Hartford County, CT.
All organizations seeking funding must first submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). LOIs for summer 2019 or school year 2019-2020 will be accepted through June 29, 2018.
LOIs may be submitted by email or USPS mail. The Foundation asks that organizations do not submit using both formats.
For those LOIs moving forward, a full proposal is due by 10/1/2018 for a spring 2019 decision.
Please email Patty O’Brien with any questions.
Letter of Inquiry Guidelines:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Letters of Intent should be sent to Patty O'Brein.
The Stocker Foundation
1005 N. Abbe Road, SP 200
Elyria, OH 44035
USA: Arizona: Pima County; California: Alameda and San Francisco Counties; Connecticut: Hartford County; New Mexico: Bernalillo and Dona Ana Counties; Ohio: Lorain and Cuyahoga; Washington: King County