Foundation / Corporation
Nonprofit Network Southwest Washington (NNSW)
06/29/18 6:00 PM
Awards to Southwest Washington nonprofit organizations and businesses to recognize outstanding work that has benefited local communities, and excellence in advancing their organizations' missions. There are currently five different awards available for nominations, each with their own set of criteria, as outlined below.
This award recognizes a successful collaboration between a nonprofit and another nonprofit, business, government or educational entity. Explain how this collaboration has improved operations, programs or systems – how it accomplished greater outcomes for both entities because of their unique association. One partner may submit an application explaining the partnership. Partners are welcome to complete a Partner form in support of the nomination.
This award honors a nonprofit, or one of its programs, whose performance and delivery to the community sets a high standard of quality and outcomes. Please tell NNSW about the quality of your work, in particular your outcomes, and how the organization seeks to improve the difference it makes.
Volunteer Program Award:
This award honors a nonprofit program that engages volunteers to provide significant community benefit otherwise not attainable or only at great cost.
Community Support Award:
This award is for a business serving Southwest Washington who has provided support for the nonprofit sector including contributions, volunteer support and in-kind services targeted to helping one or more nonprofits achieve greater mission fulfillment.
This award highlights an organization for its success in fostering an engaged and effective board of directors. The award recipient can explain the board’s connection to the overall success of the organization through one or more of the following aspects of nonprofit governance:
1. Determine the organization’s mission and ensure effective organizational planning.
2. Ensure adequate resources and manage resources effectively.
3. Enhance the organization’s public image.
4. Act as effective advocates for the organization’s mission/field of work/ client population.
5. Practice good board development that includes recruitment, leadership development, and self-assessment.
6. Respond effectively to change with strategic thinking.
GrantWatch ID#: 145219
Nonprofits and businesses in Southwest Washington are eligible.
Previous award recipients must skip one year before becoming eligible for consideration again.
- Nonprofits, their boards, and supporters are encouraged to nominate organizations.
- You are welcome to submit letters of support although they are not required.
- NNSW reserves the right to limit the number of awards in any category.
- All nominations will remain the property of NNSW, and information from them may be used in their future programs or publications.
- If you serve Southwest Washington but also provide services elsewhere – please use statistics / stories /partnerships related to SW Washington to help us understand how your work is making a difference here.
- All materials need to be received no later than 6:00 PM on June 29th.
All award finalists are featured at the Awards Reception, September 13th, 5:00 to 7:30 PM. Copies of the special awards insert from the Vancouver Business Journal Philanthropy Edition are distributed that evening.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Nomination Form for Governance, Impact, or Volunteer Program: https://nonprofitnetworkwa.org/forms/view.php?id=43835
Nomination Form for Collaboration: https://nonprofitnetworkwa.org/forms/view.php?id=45508
Partner Form for Collaboration: https://nonprofitnetworkwa.org/forms/view.php?id=44966
Nomination Form for Community Support: https://nonprofitnetworkwa.org/forms/view.php?id=44016
Jeanne Kojis, Executive Director
General Email: NonprofitNetworkWa@gmail.com
Nonprofit Network Southwest Washington
P. O. Box 822379
Vancouver, Washington 98682
USA: Washington: Southwest Washington