Find Nonprofit and Small Business Grants

Advance Search

Only Available for Paid Subscribers
Clear Filters
Search Filters

Heritage Capital Projects (HCP) Fund

Grants to Washington Nonprofits and Agencies for
Capital Projects Involving Historic Preservation

Agency Type:

State

Funding Source:

Add to My Calendar 

Washington State Historical Society (WSHS)

Conf. Date:

04/03/18

Deadline Date:

05/18/18 5:00 PM Hand Delivery or Postmarked by Date

Description:

Request a Grant Writer

Grants to Washington nonprofit organizations, government agencies, tribal governments and organizations, and public development ports and authorities to promote public access to historical resources. This program provides capital funds to projects involving history interpretation and historic preservation.

Eligible costs for either reimbursement or matching funds include:
-Construction of new facilities or improvements to existing facilities
-Purchase, restoration and/or preservation of such fixed assets as historic buildings and structures, historic ships, locomotives, airplanes and other transportation conveyances (transportation conveyances must be fixed, or used and controlled by a land-based applicant in WA State)
-Acquisition of unimproved property for the purpose of construction of a new heritage facility
-Acquisition, protection, stabilization, and/or development of historic or archaeological sites that are culturally significant
-Interior improvement of facilities used for hosting exhibits, programs, and preservation activities
-Construction-related design, architectural, and engineering expenses
-Purchase of equipment when necessary to accomplish the project

GrantWatch ID#:

GrantWatch ID#: 141243

Term of Contract:

No work completed before being under contract can be reimbursed. All contracts expire June 30, 2021; no work after this date will be reimbursed.

Additional Eligibility Criteria:

Applications may be submitted by:
-Local governments
-Tribal governments and related organizations
-Nonprofits with a 501(c)3 designation that are incorporated in Washington State
-Public development authorities and ports

Organizations applying for a Building for the Arts grant during the 2019-2021 biennium may not concurrently apply for a Heritage Capital Projects grant.

Organizations seeking a direct appropriation or other state funding during the 2019-2021 biennium may not concurrently apply for a Heritage Capital Projects grant for the same project.

Ineligible costs for reimbursement or matching funds include:
-General facility maintenance, routine repairs, consumable supplies, operating expenses, salaries, or programs
-Equipment not directly related to the project
-Leasing of equipment of automotive vehicles
-Indirect cost reimbursement for administrative functions
-Fundraising expenses
-Projects completed prior to the start of the biennium for which funding is made
-Retirement of operational debts nor for construction, facility improvement, or purchase loans that are incurred prior to award date of grant or date of legislative approval

Pre-proposal Conference:

Application Workshops:

Thursday, March 8
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Lewis County Historical Museum
Chehalis, WA

Wednesday, March 21
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Digital State Archives Bldg.
Eastern WA University
Cheney, WA

Thursday, March 22
10:00AM to 12:00 PM
Wanapum Heritage Center
Mattawa, WA

Tuesday, April 3
10:00AM to 12:00 PM
Skagit City School
Mount Vernon, WA

Pre-Application Information:

RCW 27.34.330 states that grant requests must be no more than 33.33% of a proposed project’s total cost. The remaining 66.67% of the project’s cost must be provided by the applicant.

For grant requests less than $100,000, this match may be any combination of cash and in-kind values. For grant requests of $100,000 or more, the applicant’s share can include in-kind match equaling up to 33.33% of the total proposed project’s cost, with the remainder of the match being cash.

At the time of submittal, at least 75% of an applicant’s match must be accounted for in the application table “Source of Available Match”. The remaining 25% must be in hand by the time a grant is awarded and goes to contract.

Applications for the 2019-2021 funding cycle will be due Friday, May 18, 2018

Hand delivery must be received no later than 5:00 PM on May 18. Mailed applications must be postmarked by May 18.

Grant Timeline:
-May 18, 2018: Applications Due
-May-June, 2018: Threshold Review
-June-July, 2018: Panel reviews applications
-August 15, 2018: Public ranking meeting at NW MAC in Spokane
-September 2018: Ranked list submitted to state capital budget
-January-June, 2018: Legislature determines state capital budget
-July 2019: Awards announced
-June 30, 2021: Project completed

Contact Information:

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Lissa Kramer, Heritage Capital Projects Manager
lissa.kramer@wshs.wa.gov

Mail completed application packages to:
Heritage Capital Projects
Washington State Historical Society
1911 Pacific Ave
Tacoma, WA 98402

Hand delivery must be received by the 3rd Floor Reception at the Washington State History Museum in Tacoma.

URL for Full Text (RFP):

Geographic Focus:

USA: Washington